You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving Photos with iOS 13

I made the terrible mistake of installing 13.1.2. On both my iPhone and my iPad.

A friend texted me a photo and I went to save it to 'Photos' but the option isn't there any more! I can Airdrop, Message, mail, etc. or send it to an app, but just 'save to Photos' isn't listed.

Is there some special triple-tap, or 'super-swipe' pr some newly inventive, but not intuitively obvious method I haven't been made aware of to do this seemingly common task?

The same applies to eMail attached photos. Can't save to 'Photos'.

Help, please

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 8:47 PM

Forget it, I found the 'save it' function hidden further down the screen (out of sight until I scrolled down further.)

I still consider it a flaw. The most common task, when I receive a photo is to save it to Photos. Why is 'Airdrop' first on the list?

1 reply

Saving Photos with iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.