You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 5S phones that are linked together. I want my wife to use one of them, can the phones be separated so my photos and text messages don't appear on both?

I have 2 5S phones that are linked together. I want my wife to use one of them, can the phones be separated so my photos and text messages don't appear on both?

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 10:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 10:29 AM

You can completely clear one of the phones by using the following procedure: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then your wife can set it up as if it was new using her own Apple ID: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then if there are purchases that you want to share you can do that via Family Sharing: Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2019 10:29 AM in response to SReilly581

You can completely clear one of the phones by using the following procedure: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then your wife can set it up as if it was new using her own Apple ID: Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then if there are purchases that you want to share you can do that via Family Sharing: Family Sharing - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.