You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 13 (bad) changes to the Home App

Grouping all accessories for a device into a single tile has advantages. But it also means that (for example) with an iDevies switch with IOS 12 I could just not include the night light (the led in the switch) in savories and it would not appear on the home screen (of the Home App). Then just touching the main light tile would turn it on or off. But now touching the tile takes you to the screen for that device showing its 2 accessories (the light and the night-light) and then you have to slide the light switch up or down to turn off the light. I really do not like that.

It would seem easy enough to control what is displayed in the single tile and what a single touch action did while a touch and hold could then take you to the screen for that devices. I really home such an enhance meant domes soon. As it is, its really annoying. I never would have upgraded had I known this.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 3:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 10:27 AM

I don't know if this is a feature that just came in with IOS 13.2, or if it was there before and I just did not notice it But (with at least with 13.2) in the setup for each multi item device (like an iDevices switch and its "night light") there is an option called "display as single tile". If you enable that then it works exactly as I outlined above. Then you can put the tile for the main device in favorites and only deal with both if you go the room (where you will still see them as separate tiles. If you click on the tile it turns it off or on (to the last used brightness for dimmable items) and if you touch and hold you go to the setup for that device. Which is great.

Now what I'ld really like is a realistic randomness option for security when away.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2019 10:27 AM in response to John Galloway

I don't know if this is a feature that just came in with IOS 13.2, or if it was there before and I just did not notice it But (with at least with 13.2) in the setup for each multi item device (like an iDevices switch and its "night light") there is an option called "display as single tile". If you enable that then it works exactly as I outlined above. Then you can put the tile for the main device in favorites and only deal with both if you go the room (where you will still see them as separate tiles. If you click on the tile it turns it off or on (to the last used brightness for dimmable items) and if you touch and hold you go to the setup for that device. Which is great.

Now what I'ld really like is a realistic randomness option for security when away.

IOS 13 (bad) changes to the Home App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.