You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pages: How to delete a text box but not the text

I am still learning to use Apple Pages. I have pasted a lot of text into a text box, but I now realise I want the text, but not the text box. I don’t want to retype the text.

I can’t figure out how to get into the text box and edit the text - if I could highlight the text, “cut” it and past it onto another page I could delete the box.

OR

Is there a way to just delete the text box and keep the text?

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 8:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 8:17 AM

You double-click over the text in a text box to access it, then press ⌘-A to select all of the text box content, and then copy and paste that text into your document body, or out in another Pages document for safe-keeping. A text box is a container, and when you delete the text box, anything within it is removed too.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2019 8:17 AM in response to JuMarg

You double-click over the text in a text box to access it, then press ⌘-A to select all of the text box content, and then copy and paste that text into your document body, or out in another Pages document for safe-keeping. A text box is a container, and when you delete the text box, anything within it is removed too.

Apple Pages: How to delete a text box but not the text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.