You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb while driving won’t turn off

Since iOS 13.1.2 installed my phone keeps telling people I am driving. Do not disturb is turned off in settings. Do not disturb while driving is set to manual. I have restarted the phone. Any ideas how to stop it?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 7, 2019 2:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 8:20 AM

What kind of car do you have? What is the exact message that people are receiving?

I responded to a similar post in the past couple of weeks, and it turned out that the OP was using the iPhone in a Nissan, and it was the vehicle's system that was sending the text, and configuring a Do Not Disturb feature on the car. It had nothing to do with the iPhone. This may be something for you to check. If the message being sent is not the default message programmed into the phone, then I would suspect the vehicle.

15 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 8, 2019 8:20 AM in response to Pwdcreative

What kind of car do you have? What is the exact message that people are receiving?

I responded to a similar post in the past couple of weeks, and it turned out that the OP was using the iPhone in a Nissan, and it was the vehicle's system that was sending the text, and configuring a Do Not Disturb feature on the car. It had nothing to do with the iPhone. This may be something for you to check. If the message being sent is not the default message programmed into the phone, then I would suspect the vehicle.

Oct 10, 2019 5:46 PM in response to Pwdcreative

I'm guessing that is has to do with this version of iOS having the latest Bluetooth profile. That is why I suggested you contact Nissan and ask them. I've heard that many of car companies are adding the settings for preventing texting. When I have my iPhone connected via Bluetooth to my Mercedes, I cannot use the Mercedes to respond to text messages. While mine is only a 2015, it only has the option to create a text or respond to a received text by using their keyboard, and it is disabled while the car is in Drive and in motion. I had the vehicle software updated earlier this year, and nothing had changed. But when I got iOS 13, I noticed a number of new commands were available in texting, however it would still not allow for responding when driving, at least on the car. I would have to use the actual phone to do it. Something I wouldn't do. But I can dictate through my Apple Watch, will still allows me to watch the road.

Oct 10, 2019 9:49 PM in response to Pwdcreative

I update the software in my vehicle annually. Nissan is responsible for making sure their system works with the latest version of iOS. From what I've read, Apple did not create a problem. Apple hasn't asked anyone to do anything here. We are users just like you. I can just tell you from what I've read is that this texting is coming from the car, and I suspect that any device connected to Bluetooth is going to trigger it, especially if it has the latest version of Bluetooth.

Do not disturb while driving won’t turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.