You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina Stuck on “Setting Up Your Mac” Screen After Install

Hi,

I updated my Macbook Pro to the newest software (Catalina) over night. The installation had completed, but got struck on the final step "Setting up your Mac". I left it for approx. 3 hours, to see if it will fix itself. At some point I decided to reboot the computer (by turning it off), and turned it on again. It looks like it is working, but what does this mean for my computer that the last step did not complete?? Can I fix it and how??

Thank you in advance.

Mac Pro

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 4:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 5:24 AM

Other upgrade users of macOS Catalina 10.15.x have reported a need to 'force-restart' to complete the installation.

Apparently most had no issues to report, other than this mishappen method to get it past the 'setting up' screen.

Some suggestions to start in macOS Recovery & run disk first aid to repair disc ~ were among things one could do.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2019 5:24 AM in response to amire03

Other upgrade users of macOS Catalina 10.15.x have reported a need to 'force-restart' to complete the installation.

Apparently most had no issues to report, other than this mishappen method to get it past the 'setting up' screen.

Some suggestions to start in macOS Recovery & run disk first aid to repair disc ~ were among things one could do.

MacOS Catalina Stuck on “Setting Up Your Mac” Screen After Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.