You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clean install of catalina - disk utility question

I did a clean install of Catalina, appears that it is working OK but when I look at disk utility this is what it shows....link attached. Wondering is APFS correct? and then there is 2 MCINTOSH HD - Data listed.

I can reinstall if I did something wrong before I proceed further.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 12:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 7:27 AM

Hello, harlan-lucia.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read on your post is that you're concerned about seeing 2 MACINTOSH HDs in Disk Utility. I'd like to provide some information for you that may put your mind at ease. This may be expected, as "macOS Catalina runs on a dedicated, read-only system volume called Macintosh HD" About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2019 7:27 AM in response to harlan-lucia

Hello, harlan-lucia.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read on your post is that you're concerned about seeing 2 MACINTOSH HDs in Disk Utility. I'd like to provide some information for you that may put your mind at ease. This may be expected, as "macOS Catalina runs on a dedicated, read-only system volume called Macintosh HD" About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina

Cheers!

clean install of catalina - disk utility question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.