You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode not working

A few days after I updated to iOS 13 I noticed that my phone doesn’t take portrait mode pics with stage light... after I shoot a pic with the filter it just shows as a normal picture and not as a portrait picture.. Any ideas why and how I can fix this??

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 5:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:11 PM

Hello shevsterg,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble using effects with Portrait Mode on your iPhone 8 Plus. I'd be happy to provide information about this.

Take a look at this article: Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera. Be sure to follow the steps under "Take a photo in Portrait mode" when taking a photo.

If you're still having trouble with your effects saving, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone.

If you're using the correct steps and restarting did not resolve the issue, reply with whether or not you're able to use other effects with out issue.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2019 6:11 PM in response to shevsterg

Hello shevsterg,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble using effects with Portrait Mode on your iPhone 8 Plus. I'd be happy to provide information about this.

Take a look at this article: Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera. Be sure to follow the steps under "Take a photo in Portrait mode" when taking a photo.

If you're still having trouble with your effects saving, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone.

If you're using the correct steps and restarting did not resolve the issue, reply with whether or not you're able to use other effects with out issue.

Take care.

Portrait mode not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.