You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forcing an update to Catalina

My iPhone is iOS 13. My iMac is Mojave 10.14.6. I am in no hurry to upgrade to Catalina. But, when I connect my iPhone to my iMac to do a full backup I get the popup saying I cannot, until I do an update. What the heck? Apple, have you lost your mind? As bad as the updates have been I am in NO hurry to update to Catalina in the near future. Why are we being forced to in order to do a full backup of our iPhones, or simply manage the content?

Shame on Apple. Any workarounds?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 13, 2019 6:42 AM

2 replies

Oct 15, 2019 5:03 AM in response to sbmeyer

I am experiencing the exact same problem & I'm furious! If I update to Catalina, the majority of my Adobe software won't be supported so just ins't an option.

In the meantime I can't connect my iPhone to iTunes!

I'm currently on chat to an Apple customer service member & they're about as useful as a chocolate tea pot! No helpful information or a solution other than to upgrade to Catalina!

Apple haven't thought this though properly.

I'll let you know if I receive any useful information on this major Apple fuck up!

Chris

Forcing an update to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.