You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot enable Photo or Camera access within any apps

I have an iPhone 7 that I upgraded to iOS 13 yesterday. Although I was initially able to use my camera and photos normally within apps (i.e. Instagram, Snapchat, Messenger) today it gave me the message that I had to enable Camera and Microphone access in order to utilize these functions. When I clicked on the Agree button, it redirected me to the "Allow ____ to access" page in settings for each app, where Location, Notifications, Background App Refresh etc. were all controllable but Photos and Camera were not there at all. When I go into Settings --> Privacy --> Photos or Settings --> Privacy --> Camera to grant access to the apps that have requested permission to access, it says "Apps that have requested access will appear here" but there are no apps listed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, as well as resetting to factory privacy settings ... not sure how I can grant camera/photo access within these apps.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 15, 2019 10:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 10:59 AM

Hi lydiafromwindsor,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to allow access to your camera and microphone.

Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Microphone; is this set to Allow, or something else? Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 21, 2019 10:59 AM in response to lydiafromwindsor

Hi lydiafromwindsor,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're unable to allow access to your camera and microphone.

Try tapping Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Microphone; is this set to Allow, or something else? Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Take care.

Cannot enable Photo or Camera access within any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.