You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id verification keeps coming up after catalina update

I have been asked to enter my apple ID in the settings no less that 10 times this morning alone.

I enter the info, it accepts it, then 10 minutes later, it asks for it again.

What is the issue?

MacBook

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 5:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 9:20 AM

Hello bigalwood,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re repeatedly being prompted to verify your Apple ID in System Preferences on your Mac. I’m happy to help.

Let’s start by restarting your Mac. Once you’ve fully restarted, are you still being prompted to verify your Apple ID?

If you’re still being prompted to verify your Apple ID, please sign out of your Apple ID using the steps here: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Then, use the steps here t sign in to your Apple ID in the section titled “Sign in on your Mac” here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

I also recommend checking for macOS updates. Apple has recently released a supplemental update to macOS Catalina.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2019 9:20 AM in response to bigalwood

Hello bigalwood,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re repeatedly being prompted to verify your Apple ID in System Preferences on your Mac. I’m happy to help.

Let’s start by restarting your Mac. Once you’ve fully restarted, are you still being prompted to verify your Apple ID?

If you’re still being prompted to verify your Apple ID, please sign out of your Apple ID using the steps here: Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac - Apple Support

Then, use the steps here t sign in to your Apple ID in the section titled “Sign in on your Mac” here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

I also recommend checking for macOS updates. Apple has recently released a supplemental update to macOS Catalina.

Take care.

apple id verification keeps coming up after catalina update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.