You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Catalina - Airplay not turning On

Hi all - I have updated to Catalina and I am not able to turn on Airplay in System Preferences. There is also no Airplay icon in the system bar at the top. Also, The firewall isn't on and I have tried going to "system information" and clicking on the Airplay UIAgent and nothing happens. Anyone have a fix??

MacBook

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:31 AM

1 reply

Oct 22, 2019 9:44 AM in response to colleen75

Hi there, colleen75.

I see that you're unable to use AirPlay on your Mac to play video to another device since upgrading to macOS Catalina, and I'm glad to help.

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen -- These are the steps you use to AirPlay video from your Mac.

If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device -- This article provides the information and steps that you need if you still can't use AirPlay on your Mac.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Mac Catalina - Airplay not turning On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.