You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is not "learning" where to suggest moving a folder

Why won't MAIL learn where to suggest folders to move emails? It used to learn this after 3-4 times moving an email from the same sender to a folder.

Posted on Oct 19, 2019 5:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 11:55 PM

Mail is not only not learning, it’s seems to randomly pick folders as a suggestion. And it’s extremely annoying.

i move certain mail to one and the same folder. I do this daily and often. The suggestions mail gives are weird, folders I never use.

To make it even worse, since iOS 13, after moving or deleting a mail, the Mail app sometimes (not always, but often) selects the next mail in the left column, but shows another mail (the one after the selected mail) in the right view column. This mail is the one that is selected if you move the item to another folder.

I never liked the Mail app, but this is just poor quality programming.

I use the Mail app for work mail (Exchange).

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 20, 2019 11:55 PM in response to timothyjohnd

Mail is not only not learning, it’s seems to randomly pick folders as a suggestion. And it’s extremely annoying.

i move certain mail to one and the same folder. I do this daily and often. The suggestions mail gives are weird, folders I never use.

To make it even worse, since iOS 13, after moving or deleting a mail, the Mail app sometimes (not always, but often) selects the next mail in the left column, but shows another mail (the one after the selected mail) in the right view column. This mail is the one that is selected if you move the item to another folder.

I never liked the Mail app, but this is just poor quality programming.

I use the Mail app for work mail (Exchange).

Mail is not "learning" where to suggest moving a folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.