You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to take a screenshot with Catalina?

Usually shift-command-4 allows to select a portion of screen and get a screen shot ont the desktop. Since I installed Catalina, when using these keys, There is a noise (of error I believe) and nothing happens.

Looking for any advice!

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 1:32 PM

How to take a screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are having an issue, did you try rebooting the Mac.

14 replies

Dec 4, 2019 11:57 AM in response to MoulinFouret

Haven't completely sussed this out yet, but notice that when I capture a screen, I see a thumbnail of my screengrab in the lower right-hand corner of my monitor -- clicking on it allows one to annotate and do other things, but where it saves -- if it saves -- I haven't been able to as yet ascertain.

Opening the Keyboard system prefs pane isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm going to restart and see if that allows the pane to open properly.

How to take a screenshot with Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.