You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone contacts no longer sync with iCloud

Suddenly, my iPhone 11 Contacts are not syncing with iCloud. My MBA with macOS Catalina 10.15 has specific contacts. My iPad Pro with iPadOS 13.1.3 has the same specific contacts. I have check my iCloud account and it has the same specific contacts. However, my iPhone 11 with iOS 13.1.3 DOES NOT have those same specific contacts.

On my iPhone 11, I have checked Settings>[user]>iCloud>Apps Using iCloud and Contacts is "On"

On my iPad Pro, I have checked Settings>[user]>iCloud>Apps Using iCloud and Contacts is "On"

It says at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210611

What can you sync with the Finder

• Albums, songs, playlists, movies, TV shows, podcasts, books, and audiobooks.
  • Photos and videos.
  • Contacts and calendars.

1. Open a Finder window and connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. 
  2. Your device appears in the sidebar of the Finder window. Click the device to select it.
  3. If prompted, trust your device.
  4. Select the type of content that you want to sync or remove. To turn syncing on for a content type, select the checkbox next to Sync.
  5. Select the checkbox next to each item that you want to sync.

I have selected "General" but I see no option to sync "Contacts".

How do I sync my Contacts across my macOS, iOS and iPadOS devices?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 20, 2019 7:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 6:46 AM

Very disappointed that I received no suggestions for my issue. I finally went outside the community and found a solution at iMyFone https://www.imyfone.com/iphone-issues/iphone-contacts-not-syncing-with-icloud/

Step 1: Go to Settings > {Your Profile} > iCloud or Settings > iCloud

Step 2: Turn off the switch next to contacts and in the pop up that appears, tap on “Keep on my iPhone.”

Step 3: Reboot your device and turn on iCloud again. When asked what to do with the local contacts on your iPhone, select “Merge.”

Viola...my macOS, iOS and iPadOS are now in sync...however, I have no idea if it will continue to stay in sync...guess I'll have to do edits on a couple of contacts on my macOS and see they go over to my iOS device.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 24, 2019 6:46 AM in response to SlippySlope

Very disappointed that I received no suggestions for my issue. I finally went outside the community and found a solution at iMyFone https://www.imyfone.com/iphone-issues/iphone-contacts-not-syncing-with-icloud/

Step 1: Go to Settings > {Your Profile} > iCloud or Settings > iCloud

Step 2: Turn off the switch next to contacts and in the pop up that appears, tap on “Keep on my iPhone.”

Step 3: Reboot your device and turn on iCloud again. When asked what to do with the local contacts on your iPhone, select “Merge.”

Viola...my macOS, iOS and iPadOS are now in sync...however, I have no idea if it will continue to stay in sync...guess I'll have to do edits on a couple of contacts on my macOS and see they go over to my iOS device.

iPhone contacts no longer sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.