You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m forget my Apple email password

I have a email from iCloud but I totally forget my password

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 3:11 PM

14 replies

Nov 28, 2019 9:48 PM in response to darinda1012

To recover the passwords from keychain if autofilling is activated for id example1@icloud.com see this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/keychain-access/kyca1085/mac

To change the password open system preferences > tap Apple ID under password and security , click on change password .

Fill up new password and change it .

Resetting of password is different , if the administrator forgets completely the password , and no clue for his old password , there are different ways to reset it , it depends the account is set up with 2FA or secondary authentication , and the users must have credentials to reset it .

Nov 29, 2019 3:16 PM in response to tygb

You still do not understand the difference of the apple ID password......and the apple email feature giving you an email account, independent of the AppleID and ends in "@icloud.net"

The apple ID is assoc w a 3rd party email (ie: gmail.com; hotmail.com, etc), and has it's own password.....

An "@iCloud.com" is an email box....and THAT's the glitch with forgetting the password

My computer has it for when I logon BUT, the one in the keychain must not have been updated, because it is wrong when used w autofill to logon another device........ Get it? Not being able to change that pw leaves me very limited on what devices I can asccess the email act.

Jan 1, 2020 12:34 PM in response to ZachEngelbrecht

I have the same issue, actually on 2 different apple email accounts a XXX@me.com and a XXX@icloud.com that are not in any way related to my Apple ID that I sign into my device with.

Seems like everyone, except the 2 of us understands that there is not necessarily relationship between the Apple ID account used for logging into your device/payment system and Apple Email username and passwords.

I too have no difficultly logging into my device, and purchasing items with my Apple ID, that has a DIFFERENT Email address than my back-up XXX@me.com and XXX@iclound.com email accounts.......

Please let me know whenever you find a solution.....

I’m forget my Apple email password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.