You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing / Editing iPod Playlist using updated "Music /itunes" app

I have an iPod nano using software version 1.1.3. I used to be able to connect my iPod to my computer and in iTunes it would pull up all the playlist on the iPod. iTunes also allowed me to edit the playlist on the iPod. How do i view/edit my playlist on my iPod nano using the new "music" app?

Posted on Oct 21, 2019 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 5:27 AM

vi115 wrote:

Hmm why don't they support that anymore? Did they just take it away?

No idea, and yes. You should be able to drag and drop individual tracks, albums, or playlists, to a manually managed device, but you cannot create or manipulate the playlists that are on it via Finder. Removing tracks is done through a manage storage button in Finder. For fine control of what is on the device switch to syncing with selected playlists and create the lists that you want on the device in Music.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2019 5:27 AM in response to vi115

vi115 wrote:

Hmm why don't they support that anymore? Did they just take it away?

No idea, and yes. You should be able to drag and drop individual tracks, albums, or playlists, to a manually managed device, but you cannot create or manipulate the playlists that are on it via Finder. Removing tracks is done through a manage storage button in Finder. For fine control of what is on the device switch to syncing with selected playlists and create the lists that you want on the device in Music.

tt2

Viewing / Editing iPod Playlist using updated "Music /itunes" app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.