You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV setup without remote

I'm considering buying a 3rd gen Apple TV without a remote. Is it possible to set up with out remote, e.g. using iPhone app via Bluetooth, or some other method. Having never used an Apple TV, I'm assuming the isssue will be the initial setup and how to get it on the network.

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 8:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 10:20 AM

The Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) will need a functional physical remote for setup, and for configuring the Remote app on the iPhone.

I'm assuming the isssue will be the initial setup and how to get it on the network.

Exactly.

For the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), your options are:

I would advise to get a replacement remote.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2019 10:20 AM in response to davcald

The Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) will need a functional physical remote for setup, and for configuring the Remote app on the iPhone.

I'm assuming the isssue will be the initial setup and how to get it on the network.

Exactly.

For the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), your options are:

I would advise to get a replacement remote.

Apple TV setup without remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.