You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i don't want to lose my old messages...

but they are taking up too much space on my phone. if you turn on 'messages in icloud' and it backs up there, how do i keep them from deleting from icloud if i delete them from my phone? and then how do i access them after that?

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 22, 2019 10:04 PM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2019 10:38 AM in response to jacketjacketjacket

Hello jacketjacketjacket,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you have a question about using Messages in iCloud. I'd be happy to provide information that may help.

To start take a look at the information here: Keep all your messages in iCloud. If you enable Messages in iCloud, deleting a message from your iPhone will delete it from iCloud as well.

If you'd like to optimize the storage on your iPhone, you may want to take a look the information here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

I hope that helps. Take care.

i don't want to lose my old messages...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.