You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've changed my Apple ID which is a new email address but when asked to sign into apps or my account, my old email address comes up. How can i fix this?

I've changed my Apple ID which is a new email address but when asked to sign into apps or my account, my old email address comes up.  How can i fix this? It happens on my iPhone XS Max and my iPad Pro 11

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2019 1:16 PM

It appears you created a new Apple ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2019 1:16 PM in response to slmiller1953

It appears you created a new Apple ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing

Family Sharing - Set up

If you have changed your ID or password, have you followed the steps in this article?

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

I've changed my Apple ID which is a new email address but when asked to sign into apps or my account, my old email address comes up. How can i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.