You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music from Catalina Apple Music to an android / USB device.

Hello All,

I have used iTunes as a way of ripping CD's to music files and then exporting them to a high end music play such as the Astell&Kern SP2000. These players are typically android based. previously I just navigated to the folder that held the music and by either using android file transfer or Commander One I could move the files to my music player.

Can I do this in Catalina Apple Music? I can't find a answer to this on the web so I thought I would ask here

MacBook

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 1:25 PM

HI mthaynes,

You should be able to.

Your music in the Music application will be located in the Music folder in MacOS Catalina. ~/Music is the directory

Make sure you have the 64 bit version of Android File transfer application as Catalina is 64 bit only. it should be version 1.0.12.

I hope this helps.

3 replies

Transferring music from Catalina Apple Music to an android / USB device.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.