You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud music library not updating on mac Catalina

Each time I open apple music on my mac, It only shows my own music I bought. When I go into Music preferences to enable the "sync library" option, it works for a little bit showing apple music, then gives me an error. This happens every time I open apple music. Was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and knows how to fix it. I am running the latest software

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 12:16 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 31, 2019 9:36 AM in response to chillsdj

Good morning chillsdj,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are getting an error when you enable Sync Library for Apple Music on your Mac. What is the exact error message you are seeing? When did this issue begin? Please restart your computer and try the steps below. I've highlighted some key information here for you. Click on the links for complete details.

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

"You might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.

"Check your settings and network connection on all of your devices:

Apple Music isn't a backup service. Make sure to back up your music library before you make any changes.

If you still need help with Sync Library, contact Apple Support."

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Take care.

Cloud music library not updating on mac Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.