You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble importing photos onto my windows 10 laptop

I’ve recently been having difficulty importing my photos from my new iPhone 8 Plus to my windows 10 laptop. The only thing that changed was I updated to the new iOS 13. Just in case I updated to the new iTunes 12.10... I also checked my driver per windows support. The data on my iPhone 8 Plus was transferred from my 6 plus if that makes a difference thanks in advance

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2019 7:34 PM

4 replies

Oct 28, 2019 7:54 PM in response to cheuett

The only photos that you can download to the computer are ones that you have taken and are in the Recents Album, which used to be called the Camera Roll. Photos that have been synced to the iPhone with iTunes cannot be moved back.

Also, if you are using Windows 10, you import photos with the Photos app in Windows. You should open it before connecting the iPhone, and unlock the iPhone before connecting to the computer. At that time, Photos should recognize the iPhone and prompt you to import the photos. Before attempting to import photos, make sure you have opened the latest version of iTunes and plugged the phone in so it will update the driver. Windows doesn't always have the correct driver, and iTunes will download the latest driver for your device.

Oct 28, 2019 9:30 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

All of what you posted is known to me. If all of that was working I wouldn’t be on here trying to figure out what the deeper problem is, and whether or not it is an Apple issue or a Windows issue. What is currently happening is: 1. the windows photo app reads my phone. 2. I then select the photos to import. Then finally it stops part way through with a message saying there was a problem. This never happened before. So in response I updated my itunes, and my iOS and checked my windows updates. Still nada. Regardless, thank you for your response.

Trouble importing photos onto my windows 10 laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.