You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina lost most of my bookmarks in Safari

I just noticed that most of my bookmarks are missing and I just updated to Catalina the other day. It is just my husband and me so we are the administrator and we have none of those fancy time out new settings that we don't need.

I do have a back up but not a clue how to restore. Can anyone help?

Thanks Gisele

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 3:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2019 4:03 PM

Hey Giggi 31,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not seeing your bookmarks since upgrading the macOS. I definitely love my bookmarks, and want to make sure you're able to get yours back.

I recommend taking a look at the link below as it goes over what to do when you're missing your bookmarks.

If bookmarks are missing from the Favorites bar in Safari on Mac

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2019 4:03 PM in response to Giggi 31

Hey Giggi 31,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not seeing your bookmarks since upgrading the macOS. I definitely love my bookmarks, and want to make sure you're able to get yours back.

I recommend taking a look at the link below as it goes over what to do when you're missing your bookmarks.

If bookmarks are missing from the Favorites bar in Safari on Mac

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Catalina lost most of my bookmarks in Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.