You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist Search Option

Hi all. I recently updated to Catalina.

I wasn't aware ahead of time that there would be such a huge update to Itunes, as it is now just called Music. I use Itunes a lot and it happens I'm working on arranging my playlists right now...

With the new update it seems that they effectively removed an in-playlist search.... This just seems insane to me so I think I must be missing something... I'm used to searching within my playlists for songs, and then moving those into other playlists. This is an important process for me when setting up playlists for DJing and ensuring everything is where it should be or shouldn't be. It seems now like I have to look through each and every song to find the one I'm looking for.

The only search option I've found is in the top left of Music, and it searches my entire library, or apple music. NOT my playlist. Is there a way to change this? Do I need to change a setting to get my in playlist search back?

Please someone tell me apple hasn't regressed me to this. It seems like such a simple concept to have removed it is going to wildly push me away from apple if I can't fix this.

Thanks! :)

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 1:28 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Playlist Search Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.