You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage on macbook vs iphone - number not syncing anymore

Ever since my new Iphone 11 Pro arrived and I set it up, although I can send messages from my iphone to the same contacts just fine, on my macbook pro 15, its not picking up my mobile number - seems to be using my icloud email - when I look in the preferences, my mobile is nowhere to be seen?

Is there any way of getting my macbook to use my iphone mobile number again?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 1:54 PM

On your iPhone go to.......Settings........Apple ID........Name, Phone Numbers, Email........Contactable At tap Edit..........Add Email or Phone Number

If that does not help on your computer go to.........iCloud.com.........Sign in.........choose Account Settings............Manage.........choose Account..........Edit..........Contactable.........Add More

Still need help try this.......

On your Mac:

• In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. Click Sign Out.
    • In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Sign Out.

On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod:

• Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

On your iPhone:

• Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.

Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

The above is from here........Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2019 1:54 PM in response to I am the Count

On your iPhone go to.......Settings........Apple ID........Name, Phone Numbers, Email........Contactable At tap Edit..........Add Email or Phone Number

If that does not help on your computer go to.........iCloud.com.........Sign in.........choose Account Settings............Manage.........choose Account..........Edit..........Contactable.........Add More

Still need help try this.......

On your Mac:

• In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. Click Sign Out.
    • In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Sign Out.

On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod:

• Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

On your iPhone:

• Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.

Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

The above is from here........Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

imessage on macbook vs iphone - number not syncing anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.