You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar will not sync with icloud

Calendar will not sync with iCloud events more than a year old. Seems to have started on move to IOS 13

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 5:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 7:24 AM

If the events are available in the iCloud calendar when you check online with the browser, I would turn off iCloud calendar on the phone. When it asks to save, say no. It will wipe the calendar on the iPhone. Power cycle the phone off/on, then go back in and turn Calendar back on in iCloud. Make sure you are connected to wi-fi when you do this, and give it a couple of minutes to sync back. That should clear the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 30, 2019 7:24 AM in response to Sund1001

If the events are available in the iCloud calendar when you check online with the browser, I would turn off iCloud calendar on the phone. When it asks to save, say no. It will wipe the calendar on the iPhone. Power cycle the phone off/on, then go back in and turn Calendar back on in iCloud. Make sure you are connected to wi-fi when you do this, and give it a couple of minutes to sync back. That should clear the issue.

Oct 29, 2019 6:17 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for your help.

I have sync all events selected. I was able to see historical entries previously when working on some bookkeeping records. When I checked today 10/14/2018 was as far as I could find. That is about when my last iOS update was done. I followed several suggestions to recover the entries including changing the sync to a different value (6 months) which further reduced history. When I changed sync back to all events entries to 10/24/18 were recovered. I did verify the calendar entries are present on my iCloud calendar.

calendar will not sync with icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.