You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit sharing

Hello,

I have big issues in stetting up the Homekit sharing between my devices. I saw that there are a lot of discussions regarding the "Loading Home Accessories and Scenes" you get on different devices you have logged in on your Apple devices.

In my case, after I create one "home" on my iPhone XS Max this is not shared with the other devices I have (2 iPads and 1 iPhone 5S), and all of them keep showing "Loading Home Accessories and Scenes".

On all devices I have iCloud Keychain activated and "Home" toggle" on iCloud.

I tried a lot of workarounds I saw on previous topics, but no success. I don;t know what to try anymore....

All my devices are updated to the last iOS software.

Somebody can help?

Thanks,

Mircea

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 4:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 4:36 AM

Funny you should say that... yesterday I installed updates on 2 iPhones, an iPad and a Mac. This morning, after getting an alert for a sensor that I wasn't expecting, I went to check my Homekit configuration to find that ALL of my devices (after insisting I enabled my keychain which I don't recall disabling) now display this message.

I'm really getting peeved at the latest round of updates, they've broken far more stuff than they claim to have added!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 31, 2019 4:36 AM in response to Mirceal

Funny you should say that... yesterday I installed updates on 2 iPhones, an iPad and a Mac. This morning, after getting an alert for a sensor that I wasn't expecting, I went to check my Homekit configuration to find that ALL of my devices (after insisting I enabled my keychain which I don't recall disabling) now display this message.

I'm really getting peeved at the latest round of updates, they've broken far more stuff than they claim to have added!

Oct 31, 2019 6:08 AM in response to Mirceal

I'm with you there. I have one iPad which is shared by the household that I haven't updated yet and that still works fine except the account used on that device doesn't have full access to the devices so I can turn things on and off but not change stuff unless I log it back in with my main account.

I've just rebooted my Mac and that hasn't helped. I haven't even looked at the Apple TV's yet!

Oct 31, 2019 6:18 AM in response to bailey#70

It's strange that, after one hour of showing the message "Loading Accessories and Scenes" I get the option to Reset the Home configuration. When I do this, all devices shows the first screen of start configuration Home accessories. When I create one Home in one device the others are turning on "Loading Accessories and Scenes" and no way forward possible.... So there is a communication via iCloud between devices....

Nov 1, 2019 6:56 AM in response to Mirceal

So, last night I spent a couple of hours randomly logging in and out of iCloud on all of my active devices, and all of a sudden it recovered on my iPhone... but it had lost all of my automations and scenes (and I have/had a LOT of them so I am not happy).

But after rebuilding what I could remember I then noted that when I re-enabled Home on my iPad and Mac that it wasn't getting a complete picture of everything from the phone; background images are different, some scenes are missing, and some devices didn't want to respond correctly.

I'm not happy... nor would I consider this resolved by a long way!

Homekit sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.