You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone recognized but does not sync.

I connect my iPhone XR to my iMac, it recognizes the device but the Music Library does not load, all I get is a spinning wheel and that goes for Finder.

If I remember correctly Music/iPhone worked fine after I upgraded to Catalina but not since the last update.

Could anyone help

Cheers Mike

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

Catalina 10.15

Music Version 1.0.0.426

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 1:01 PM

Hello allensfarm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone XR is recognized by your iMac but you see a spinning wheel instead of music syncing. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Please restart your iMac. Once both devices have fully restarted, are you able to sync music? If not, please use the steps here to upgrade your macOS version: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

If you haven’t done so, please back up and update your iPhone to the latest iOS version sign the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 5, 2019 1:01 PM in response to allensfarm

Hello allensfarm,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone XR is recognized by your iMac but you see a spinning wheel instead of music syncing. I’m happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Please restart your iMac. Once both devices have fully restarted, are you able to sync music? If not, please use the steps here to upgrade your macOS version: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

If you haven’t done so, please back up and update your iPhone to the latest iOS version sign the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone recognized but does not sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.