You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod recognises wife as me in 13.2.1

I'm trying to use the new multiple users feature however it's failing miserably. The HomePod recognises me just fine, however despite having added the wife as a separate user and adding her voice, it recognises her as me. The HomePod insists she is me and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that.

We use separate AppleID/iCloud accounts for personal stuff however she shares my AppleID for the iTunes Store/media.

HomeKit recognises her as a separate user just fine in the app and sees her personal account and the shared media account under her name.

I've tried resetting the HomePod and we've both reset Hey Siri on our devices and turned off/on Recognise my voice and personal requests in the Home app. No luck.

I'm really hoping Apple haven't been daft enough to link the voice profiles to the media account??

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 10:23 AM

So I found the solution to this on another thread.

I removed the wife from the Home entirely, then re-invited her. Once she was back on we were able to enable voice recognition and it now recognises us correctly.

However, Apple giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. We can play our music, but it doesn’t recognise our playlists and radio isn’t working, which was before. 🤷‍♂️

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2019 10:23 AM in response to therealdangermouse

So I found the solution to this on another thread.

I removed the wife from the Home entirely, then re-invited her. Once she was back on we were able to enable voice recognition and it now recognises us correctly.

However, Apple giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. We can play our music, but it doesn’t recognise our playlists and radio isn’t working, which was before. 🤷‍♂️

Oct 31, 2019 12:30 PM in response to Cardo

Further testing has unveiled some very concerning behaviour. I disabled voice recognition in the Home app on my phone however the wife kept it turned on on her phone. The wife making personal requests then accessed my account rather than hers, so she was able to send messages from me and ask about my appointments, despite me having personal requests turned off.

So it seems it's accessing the media account rather than the personal iCloud account, including for personal requests. Bad Apple, very bad.

HomePod recognises wife as me in 13.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.