You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Share

I've set up family share with myself and son, and I'm going to bring in my daughter and wife into the share.

The question I have is:

Currently my daughter and wife are in a family share with each other, if I do bring them over to my family share, will they loose their apps? And as my wife already pays for extra storage on iCloud, will this be lost/worthless?

Can she keep all of her stuff on her own iCloud and still pay the £2.49 per month?

Cheers

Posted on Nov 1, 2019 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 8:00 AM

Hi there, ArfonD.

I see that you'd like to include your wife and daughter in the Family Sharing group you set up with your son. You're wondering how to accomplish this since they’re in their own group, and I'm glad to help.

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing -- If your daughter is under 13 years of age, she needs to be invited to your group and your wife needs to approve it. This article explains how.

Family Sharing -- If your daughter is older than 13, send her and your wife an invitation to join your Family Sharing group. They'll be able to participate in purchase sharing, and can share your iCloud storage plan or keep their own. This article provides the information you need.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 6, 2019 8:00 AM in response to ArfonD

Hi there, ArfonD.

I see that you'd like to include your wife and daughter in the Family Sharing group you set up with your son. You're wondering how to accomplish this since they’re in their own group, and I'm glad to help.

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing -- If your daughter is under 13 years of age, she needs to be invited to your group and your wife needs to approve it. This article explains how.

Family Sharing -- If your daughter is older than 13, send her and your wife an invitation to join your Family Sharing group. They'll be able to participate in purchase sharing, and can share your iCloud storage plan or keep their own. This article provides the information you need.

Take care.

Family Share

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.