You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about buying iPhone from America

I want to ask if I can buy an iPhone from AppleStore (that is in America), even when I live in Slovakia. Because I want to know if there won’t be any problem with: charging or SIM card and/or other things.

I bought some stuff from America but it didn’t work here in Europe because we have different charging sockets and WiFi.

So my question is: Is there any problem with using iPhone in Europe even if it’s bought in America?

Thank you!

LukasPrasiak

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 7:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 8:31 AM

their online stores don't ship out of the country

you can choose the country at the bottom on the page

if you don't wish to purchase in your own country I would suggest purchasing it from another eu country as warranty works in all of eu

4 replies

Nov 4, 2019 7:40 AM in response to LukasPrasiak

their chargers works if one use a plug converter they do support 230volt AC 50Hz

never heard about wifi issues

warranty is not international so if you get a defect device you have to go to usa to get it fixed / replaced

if it's sim locked to an american carrier you will no be able to use a local sim unless you can get the american carrier to sim unlock it for you

Question about buying iPhone from America

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.