You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to you stop unwanted calls?

How do you stop unwanted calls?

Posted on Nov 5, 2019 10:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 1:30 PM

Hey abbykatiesmokie,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have some questions about managing incoming calls. I definitely want to make sure you're able to have control over your calls, and I'm happy to provide some information.

There are a couple of options to manage and prevent unknown, or unwanted calls. First, you can choose block a number. A blocked number can still leave a voicemail but you won't be notified of the call or the voicemail. You can see how to block numbers here: Block a phone number, contact, or email

You may also be able to turn on the "Silence Unknown Callers" options. This is a new feature available with iOS 13. The resource below goes over this feature, and how to use it. I also included a link for updating your iOS, just incase you're not already on iOS 13 and choose to update to use this feature.

Detect and block spam phone calls

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 10, 2019 1:30 PM in response to abbykatiesmokie

Hey abbykatiesmokie,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have some questions about managing incoming calls. I definitely want to make sure you're able to have control over your calls, and I'm happy to provide some information.

There are a couple of options to manage and prevent unknown, or unwanted calls. First, you can choose block a number. A blocked number can still leave a voicemail but you won't be notified of the call or the voicemail. You can see how to block numbers here: Block a phone number, contact, or email

You may also be able to turn on the "Silence Unknown Callers" options. This is a new feature available with iOS 13. The resource below goes over this feature, and how to use it. I also included a link for updating your iOS, just incase you're not already on iOS 13 and choose to update to use this feature.

Detect and block spam phone calls

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and have a great day!

How to you stop unwanted calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.