You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 ringer volume issues

Guys I just noticed a few issues tonight - when I receive a phone call the ringer sounds fine for the first ring but then becomes instantly very quiet. I currently have the ringer volume set to medium, but after the first ring it is low and muffled. But when I check.the volume level it remains at medium. Sure hope I won't need to return the phone.

also at times when I receive a notification I get no audio notification. I’ve checked the settings and audio is definitely turned on.

sure hope I don’t need to return the phone!

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 11:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 11:45 AM

It would appear you have activated some of the Attention Aware features of your phone. See below.

About Attention Aware features on your iPhone X or iPad Pro - Apple Support

4 replies

Nov 6, 2019 12:50 PM in response to stedman1

Thanks Stedman. You were spot on. I have no idea how I activated that setting. I really was dressing the return process.

hopefully this will also fix the other notifications not sounding. Although I doubt it as this seems to be another issue as I’m a few feet away from the phone when the messages arrive and they still don’t sound.

iPhone 11 ringer volume issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.