You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log-in screensaver

I have Mojave 10.14.6. When I turn on my computer and the password screen comes up, there is a picture behind it. If I click on my icon, the picture changes to something else. If I leave the password screen up for more than 30 minutes a screen saver starts. The problem is, none of the pictures or the screen savers are the ones I have chosen for my computer. When I log-in, my wallpaper is correct and if I leave my computer for more than 30 minutes the screen saver I chose begins. I cannot figure out how to change the log-in picture or the screen saver. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cynt

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 6, 2019 6:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 9:53 AM

Hi CYNT2011.

There is not currently a supported option for changing the log-in screen wallpaper. If this is a change you'd like to be able to make in the future, leave feedback for Apple about it here:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Cheers.

3 replies

Nov 11, 2019 12:13 PM in response to CYNT2011

Hello CYNT2011 and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I see you have a question about the images shown in the screensaver prior to you actually logging in to the Mac.

What you're seeing is actually expected behavior. Prior to log-in, the user preferences—including things such os your screensaver choices—have not been loaded and will not tqake effect until after log-in.

Cheers.

Log-in screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.