You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures on my ipad air 2

Can I upload pictures from my ipadair 2 to a memory stick using an ipad/USB lead and if so, can I then use this method later to view the contents of the memory stick?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 2:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 4:48 AM

First, you’ll need to ensure that your iPad is updated to iPadOS.

Next, you will require an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter - model A1619 - to connect your external storage device. This specific Lightning Adapter incorporates both a USB3 Type-A connector and an additional Lightning port to power both the iPad and connected storage device. Additionally, you’ll need your Apple charger, ideally rated at 12W or more (you may already have this).

Once everything is connect, open your Apple Photos App. Find the pictures that you wish to copy to your Memory Stick, tap Select at top-right of the screen - and tap on each picture that you want to copy (a blue tick will appear on each selected thumbnail). Now, tap on the Share icon at top-left.

From the Share menu, scroll down and tap Save to Files. Find your Memory Stick in the locations list, tap, and then select Save. Your selected photos will now be copied to your Memory Stick. Done 🙂.

I hope this comprehensively answers your question.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2019 4:48 AM in response to GordinoRombo

First, you’ll need to ensure that your iPad is updated to iPadOS.

Next, you will require an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter - model A1619 - to connect your external storage device. This specific Lightning Adapter incorporates both a USB3 Type-A connector and an additional Lightning port to power both the iPad and connected storage device. Additionally, you’ll need your Apple charger, ideally rated at 12W or more (you may already have this).

Once everything is connect, open your Apple Photos App. Find the pictures that you wish to copy to your Memory Stick, tap Select at top-right of the screen - and tap on each picture that you want to copy (a blue tick will appear on each selected thumbnail). Now, tap on the Share icon at top-left.

From the Share menu, scroll down and tap Save to Files. Find your Memory Stick in the locations list, tap, and then select Save. Your selected photos will now be copied to your Memory Stick. Done 🙂.

I hope this comprehensively answers your question.

Pictures on my ipad air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.