You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block texts

Is there a way to block incoming texts from solicitations?

iPhone XR

Posted on Nov 7, 2019 11:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 6:26 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Fostery1!

I understand you want to know if there's a way to block messages from solicitors. I'd be happy to provide information about what can be done.

While there's no way to completely block them, you can certainly filter out messages from solicitors and from contacts:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Filter iMessages from unknown senders

You can filter iMessages from people who aren't saved in your Contacts.

To filter iMessages, go to Settings > Messages and turn on Filter Unknown Senders.

In Messages, you'll see a new tab for Unknown Senders but you won't get notifications for these iMessages."

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2019 6:26 AM in response to Fostery1

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Fostery1!

I understand you want to know if there's a way to block messages from solicitors. I'd be happy to provide information about what can be done.

While there's no way to completely block them, you can certainly filter out messages from solicitors and from contacts:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"Filter iMessages from unknown senders

You can filter iMessages from people who aren't saved in your Contacts.

To filter iMessages, go to Settings > Messages and turn on Filter Unknown Senders.

In Messages, you'll see a new tab for Unknown Senders but you won't get notifications for these iMessages."

Have a great day!

Block texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.