You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer music

My MacBook Air has IOS Catalina installed and I want to transfer a music album from this computer to my wife's iPhone X (updated with version 12.4.1). The internet keeps talking about using iTunes but this has been subsumed into the main system on the new update and I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to do it. Last resort is a local shop next week.

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 7:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 9:19 AM

Hey there RobboC,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know how to sync music from your Mac running macOS Catalina to your wife’s iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

In macOS Catalina, you’ll want to use Finder to sync music from your Mac to an iPhone. Take a look at this article for more details:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2019 9:19 AM in response to RobboC

Hey there RobboC,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to know how to sync music from your Mac running macOS Catalina to your wife’s iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

In macOS Catalina, you’ll want to use Finder to sync music from your Mac to an iPhone. Take a look at this article for more details:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Cheers

Transfer music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.