You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Log out

I have a MacBook Air os Catalina And shortly after I updated my Mac, my Mac logs out a few seconds after I log in and this repeats many times. When I restart my Mac, the problem gets fixed for a while but then starts happening after a few minutes. What do I do? Thx

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 6:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 4:42 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Ek628,

I see that you're being logged out of your Mac after being logged in and this continues to repeat. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

You mentioned that a restart is only a temporary fix. That was a good place to start. Next, let's have you start in safe mode and test to see if the issue remains. The article below will guide you through starting in safe mode, if needed.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

You might also want to check how your Mac is configured. This could be a reason that you're being prompted in sign in. Also, are you the only one that has access to your Mac?

If the Login window unexpectedly appears on your Mac

Let me know how it goes using safe mode. I look forward to hearing back from you.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 13, 2019 4:42 PM in response to Ek628

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Ek628,

I see that you're being logged out of your Mac after being logged in and this continues to repeat. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

You mentioned that a restart is only a temporary fix. That was a good place to start. Next, let's have you start in safe mode and test to see if the issue remains. The article below will guide you through starting in safe mode, if needed.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

You might also want to check how your Mac is configured. This could be a reason that you're being prompted in sign in. Also, are you the only one that has access to your Mac?

If the Login window unexpectedly appears on your Mac

Let me know how it goes using safe mode. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Log out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.