You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music no longer available

I let my subscription run out. Now I cannot access my "purchased and downloaded music".

My question is if it was "purchased music" do I not own that now? If not then it is actually "leased" music and misrepresented by apple. Am I correct on this?

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 4:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 8:46 AM

You're not quite correct in your objection.

There are two ways to use Apple Music - to "purchase" a digital copy of the music, and

streaming rights, which allow you to listen to music (until you choose not to pay for the streaming service). The music publisher owns the rights to the music, and firms like Apple manage the distribution of those rights.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2019 8:46 AM in response to wvduncans

You're not quite correct in your objection.

There are two ways to use Apple Music - to "purchase" a digital copy of the music, and

streaming rights, which allow you to listen to music (until you choose not to pay for the streaming service). The music publisher owns the rights to the music, and firms like Apple manage the distribution of those rights.

Music no longer available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.