You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add my iCloud account/Apple ID to my Macbook Pro as I have an Android phone

Hi,

My Macbook Pro needed repairing after a keyboard fault which at first I tried to rectify myself with a series of resets. My Macbook is now no longer associated to my iCloud account and the only trusted device I have is my phone number which is now on an android phone.

When I log into iCloud through a browser I'm sent the 6 digit verification code to my phone but when adding on my MBP it states message sent but I get nothing!

It's driving me insane!

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2019 2:31 PM

An Android phone cannot be a trusted device but it can be a trusted phone number. If yours is, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 12, 2019 2:31 PM in response to BlackHawkDownuk

An Android phone cannot be a trusted device but it can be a trusted phone number. If yours is, see the following from Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're signing in and don’t have a trusted device handy that can display verification codes, you can have a code sent to your trusted phone number via text message or an automated phone call instead. Click Didn't Get a Code on the sign in screen and choose to send a code to your trusted phone number. You can also get a code directly from Settings on a trusted device. Learn how to get a verification code.

Can't add my iCloud account/Apple ID to my Macbook Pro as I have an Android phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.