You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updates on older ipads

My Ipad is at iSO 9.3.6 and says it is updated. I need to update it to the current one so I can download Disney+ App.

iPad mini 3, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 7:04 AM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2019 7:11 AM in response to ljschroeder

9.3.6 was released for models which were limited to 9.3.5, of which there are several, to continue working after last Sunday, when devices other than wifi-only devices would encounter an issue. It’s the only update such devices have had in years and likely the last they will ever get. If it says it is updated you could try connecting to iTunes and check for something newer, but you are unlikely to find anything.

As for specific app requirements those are determined on the app developer side and are based on what features are coded into the app. It will tell you in the App Store what you need for each app.

updates on older ipads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.