You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clips on my external drive will not view or import in FCP. I have never had this issue before. Its a FCP issue as iMovie will allow. What am I missing

I transfer clips from my gopro to a Seagate 1TB external disk drive. From there I have in the past imported files to FCP. This week I transferred clips from gopro disk to external disk drive as I have before. However when I opened FCP and tried to import it shows external disk but all files are not appearing for import. I went to iMovie and verified that external disk drive is recognized and files can be imported into iMovie. I tried again to import into FCP from external drive, but same results. I performed a disk repair on external drive, rechecked settings in FCP, performed a workaround using these clips from a flashdrive, uninstalled and reloaded FCP from app store, etc. The workaround from flashdrive allowed me to edit but would not allow me to export to external drive. I had to export to flash drive and then export to external drive. What am I missing, did I change a setting, why does external drive work in iMovie but not FCP?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 7:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2019 8:08 PM

If you use Catalina check this:

FCP X needs permissions to be granted.

Al

Similar questions

2 replies

Clips on my external drive will not view or import in FCP. I have never had this issue before. Its a FCP issue as iMovie will allow. What am I missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.