You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my friends

After the last update, find my friends does not give me the option in settings to “always” allow location access like it used to. I need it to always be able to track location, so what can I do to get back to that? My friends who updated it have this option still unlike me !

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 17, 2019 2:12 PM

2 replies

Nov 20, 2019 9:44 AM in response to gmd1107

Hello gmd1107,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to set the Find My app to allow location access to "Always" as expected compared to your friends. First, make sure your iPhone is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your iPhone safe.

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, you may have to reset your location settings by going to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy. Then open the Find My app and see if the "Always" option is presented, and then contact Apple if you need any further assistance.

About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later

Contact Apple Support 

Cheers!

Find my friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.