You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i help a friend find his stolen iphone

how can i find my stolen iphone

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 6:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 7:46 PM

Did he enable Find My?

1. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...
  2. Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ... You cannot track using iMEI number. but you may need it so keep it handy

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. Change your Apple ID password. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Do's

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2019 7:46 PM in response to maximusyvel

Did he enable Find My?

1. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple ...
  2. Find the serial number or IMEI on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ... You cannot track using iMEI number. but you may need it so keep it handy

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. Change your Apple ID password. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter etc...

Don'ts

If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.

Do's

Nov 19, 2019 7:59 PM in response to maximusyvel

maximusyvel Said:

"how can i help a friend find his stolen iphone: how can i find my stolen iphone"

-------

Non-Technical Methods of Retrieval:

Whomever's iPhone this is, as for non-technical methods to track this down, backtrack where you may have been while and before this theft occurred.

Also, stop by public locations (i.e. a retail store), and see if was safely put aside. If you are on a college campus, check with the dorm master or campus administrator of sorts.

how can i help a friend find his stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.