You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restarted after a problem

Every time I start my Imac (Catalina OS), it gives me the message that it was restarted after a problem and do I want to report it. I have reloaded the OS and run the disk utility in recovery mode. The problem continues.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:00 PM

Hey Mr. B,

I see that you're having some trouble with your iMac restarting, and then displaying an error message when you start it up again.

Follow the steps here, as it should help in determining if the issue is hardware or software related: If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support

Take care. 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 24, 2019 4:00 PM in response to Mr. B

Hey Mr. B,

I see that you're having some trouble with your iMac restarting, and then displaying an error message when you start it up again.

Follow the steps here, as it should help in determining if the issue is hardware or software related: If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a message that it restarted or shut down because of a problem - Apple Support

Take care. 

restarted after a problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.