You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my camera doesn't work

My Webcam is not working for Photobooth, Facetime or my online language class that relies on a webcam. The light is green, so I know it is there, but Camera is not an option in my Finder.

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 4:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 5:12 PM

This is a curious statement: "Camera is not an option in my Finder." (?)

You use the camera through the apps, not sure what you expect to see in Finder... maybe I am missing something.

From the >(option key) System Information>Hardware>Camera

You should see hardware info:

If no info here, then the sys is not recognizing the hardware—then it is a hardware problem for sure.

The "light is green" mentioned above seems to indicate is both recognized an turned on.

Otherwise try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

ref: Use the built-in camera on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 21, 2019 5:12 PM in response to jaymefromexcelsior

This is a curious statement: "Camera is not an option in my Finder." (?)

You use the camera through the apps, not sure what you expect to see in Finder... maybe I am missing something.

From the >(option key) System Information>Hardware>Camera

You should see hardware info:

If no info here, then the sys is not recognizing the hardware—then it is a hardware problem for sure.

The "light is green" mentioned above seems to indicate is both recognized an turned on.

Otherwise try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

ref: Use the built-in camera on Mac - Apple Support

my camera doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.