You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave or not Mojave

Do I really need to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave?

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 11:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 8:51 AM

Hi missy1939,

As Eau Rouge said, it's a good operating system and no one has to upgrade if they don't want to.

Let me add and no pressure at all, It's good to stay up to date due to security and new features. I have been using it for the past year and it has been rock solid for me but again, you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. It has some nice features, such as stacks, dark mode, and new quick look features, etc.

Regarding MacOS Catalina that was released recently, I would hold off as it drops support for 32 bit applications for 64 bit only. Mojave has been around longer and is more stable so to speak.

If you wish to find out what's new in Mojave, you can take a look at the what's new page. This could help you make an informed decision. If you wish to upgrade, you can do so from the how to upgrade page.

I hope this helps.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 23, 2019 8:51 AM in response to missy1939

Hi missy1939,

As Eau Rouge said, it's a good operating system and no one has to upgrade if they don't want to.

Let me add and no pressure at all, It's good to stay up to date due to security and new features. I have been using it for the past year and it has been rock solid for me but again, you don't have to upgrade if you don't want to. It has some nice features, such as stacks, dark mode, and new quick look features, etc.

Regarding MacOS Catalina that was released recently, I would hold off as it drops support for 32 bit applications for 64 bit only. Mojave has been around longer and is more stable so to speak.

If you wish to find out what's new in Mojave, you can take a look at the what's new page. This could help you make an informed decision. If you wish to upgrade, you can do so from the how to upgrade page.

I hope this helps.

Nov 23, 2019 11:45 AM in response to missy1939

If you use any optional software always check to see if it runs on the new os version before upgrading, as going backwards is sometimes difficult or impossible if you don't have full backups.

Apple will be supporting High Sierra for at least another year or so and possibly longer (only they know for sure - we just have to make a guess), so there is no rush.

Good luck...

Mojave or not Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.