You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Disk Images on 2015 MacBook Pro running Catalina

I recently reformatted my hard drive on my 2015 MacBook Pro after installing Catalina, and I started to run into speed and connectivity issues that I could not resolve and reformatted again. I noticed that there were 2 now disc images: the disk name, and then the disk name with "- data" after it. I went back in going through disc utility and discovered that there was now a third disc image now with the disc name followed by "- data - data"

How do I remove or delete these secondary images? Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 4:48 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 26, 2019 5:27 AM in response to michael jfromdallas

Ok, I restored from a Time Machine backup and I can see the 2 redundant images and have deleted them. That problem is solved.... but, in Disk Utility I still see the images of the Drive Name and the Drive Name - Data. Is it supposed to be like this? And which disk should be the Start Up if I find I have to do this again?

Thanks!

Deleting Disk Images on 2015 MacBook Pro running Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.