You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i tried to update to the most recent macOS that my mac can take which is high sierra. When i tried the installer it came up with the message "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS "

i tried to update to the most recent macOS that my mac can take which is high sierra. When i tried the installer it came up with the message "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS " any helpful ideas how to update ?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:57 AM

When you go to the App Store High Sierra page, does it say Open if so the App Store has detected there is a copy of High Sierra somewhere on your Mac. First look in your Applications folder for Install macOS High Sierra.app, if this is 5.23GBs then that is the full installer, double-clicking on this will start the installation procedure. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash, then empty the Trash. Restart your Mac and go to the App Store High Sierra page and try downloading again. Use a cabled connection to your router instead of WiFi.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 26, 2019 7:57 AM in response to dingerbell

When you go to the App Store High Sierra page, does it say Open if so the App Store has detected there is a copy of High Sierra somewhere on your Mac. First look in your Applications folder for Install macOS High Sierra.app, if this is 5.23GBs then that is the full installer, double-clicking on this will start the installation procedure. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash, then empty the Trash. Restart your Mac and go to the App Store High Sierra page and try downloading again. Use a cabled connection to your router instead of WiFi.

i tried to update to the most recent macOS that my mac can take which is high sierra. When i tried the installer it came up with the message "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.